Meet Your Gillette Orthodontist
Dr. Chad Meyer is a Rapid City native who graduated from Stevens High School in 1990. He attended the University of Nebraska before graduating with honors from the University of Nebraska Medical Center-College of Dentistry in 1999 and the University of Rochester in 2004.
After three years in the United States Air Force Dental Corp, he began his orthodontic residency at Eastman Dental Center in Rochester, NY.
Dr. Chad and his wife, Dawn, have three children: Carter, Luke, and Daryn. When he is not taking care of patients, Dr. Chad enjoys spending time with his family, hunting, snow skiing, and cycling.
Dr. Jesse Dana is a native of South Dakota and a graduate of Black Hills State University. He graduated with honors from the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Lincoln, Nebraska before completing his orthodontic residency at Nova Southeastern University in Florida.
Dr. Jesse started his orthodontic practice in Spearfish in 2003 and we were honored to have Dr. Jesse join our team in 2007.
Dr. Jesse and his wife Traci have three children: Kooper, Jozie, and Kanon. He and his family enjoy many outdoor activities together. Dr. Jesse also has a strong basketball history and enjoys playing the game and coaching his children’s teams.
Why an Orthodontist in Gillette?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Our doctors continued their formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As orthodontists, our doctors have spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Gillette Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Gillette orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Gillette orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Meyer & Dana Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Gillette area.